[mythtv-users] SVN Trunk multiple lineup scheduling irregularity

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Aug 31 17:13:22 UTC 2007

On 08/31/2007 12:58 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> I just noticed an odd behaviour by the scheduler.
>
> I've got two lineups, one for ATSC QAM channels and one for my
> firewire boxes. two firewire tuners, two QAM tuners. The firewire
> connection can receive the same channels as the QAM tuners so I have
> the QAM tuners set with a higher priority so shows that  are on the
> channels it receives will record on them and the firewire is only used
> if needed for those channels.
>
> This worked great until recently. I usually will manually set some of
> the late shows to record if a band I like or someone I like is on. I
> haven't had the time to do this in a while but today I was going
> through to see what shows to record and I noticed that if I choose the
> lineup for the firewire it won't push it off to the QAM tuner like it
> used to, instead it shows it as a conflict with no QAM tuner in use.
>
> I also noticed that the lineup information between the two is slightly
> different, (one seems more "up to date") even though both are using
> schedulesdirect.

More "up to date"?  You mean that the listings data is different for the
two?  Or, are you actually talking about differences in the lineups at
SD?  (It sounds like you should be using one lineup at SD across
multiple video sources--assuming there are some channels available
through one input type that aren't available through the other--or even
one video source (if both input types can receive identical channels).

Any chance you've enabled EIT on the QAM inputs?  If so, as it
overwrites the SD data, differences in the listings data are likely to
cause the scheduler to see the shows as different, so recordings won't
"fall through" from one input type to another.

Mike