[mythtv-users] Resetting Channels

Rob Dege livemotion at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 18:37:11 UTC 2007

Hi Mike.

I was able to resolve my channel issues my passing --do-channel-updates to
mythfilldatabase.  It updated the channel information just as I had hoped.
Channel information appeared correct in Program Listings, Recorded Programs,
and Scheduled Recordings.

The only problem I'm having now is that I have no shows listed in Upcoming
Recordings.

Before I did the '--do-channel-updates', I had 3 shows scheduled to record
for today, and a few for next week.  Now, some are not listed at all, and
some are deactiavted, stating that the show does not match the current
program listings (via mythweb).

Cancelling the show, and then re-adding it does resolve the problem.
However, some shows are in off season right now, so if I removed them from
the scheduled recordings list, I won't be able to re-add them.

-Rob

On 8/31/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> On 08/31/2007 08:42 AM, Rob Dege wrote:

> >> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 (but
> >> don't delete the capture cards, just the video sources).  Make sure you
> >> use the "Delete all video sources" button--any other approach will not
> >> fix your DB.
> > Thanks for the reply.  I followed the instructions from the link that
> you
> > posted  below, but it didn't resolve the problem.  The Program listings
> show
> > all of the  channel information correctly, but it still shows all of the
> > channels as being one channel off in Upcoming Recordings, Recorded
> Programs,
> > and Recording Schedule.  Here's a recap of what I did:
> >
> > stop backend
> > mythtv-setup -> video sources
> > delete all video sources
> > create new video source (I made it a different name)
> > enter information for schedule direct account
> > finish
> > assign new video source to the two tuners
> > Click "Retrieve channel info from sources"
> > finish
> >
> > I know that the channel editor will let me change the channel Name and
> > callsign for each channel, but I would prefer to find an easier way to
> > complete that task  rather than manually modifying all 70+ channels.  I
> get
> > shivers down the back just thinking about it :)
>
> That means that most likely the information you're getting from SD is
> "wrong" (where wrong may simply mean not what you're used to, but
> completely correct).  The information is actually wrong if the program
> that it shows airing at some time on some frequency airs at that time on
> some other frequency.  In other words, Myth puts in the information it's
> given.
>
> I recommend verifying that the data is wrong (using tv_grab_na_dd from
> XMLTV 0.5.48 to download the listings for your lineup and see if it
> shows the right information).  If the information is wrong, you'll need
> to post to the SD forum for lineup discrepancies.
>
> Mike

-Rob

Ben Franklin Quote: "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a
little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."