[mythtv-users] Working too fast?

Henry A Harper III hah at alumni.rice.edu
Fri Aug 31 20:26:54 UTC 2007

> I got data that looks bad in the mythfilldatabase log file after
> my first attempt with the SchedulesDirect grabber.
>
> Here's what I did:
> Created an account at the SchedulesDirect website,
> paid with PayPal,
> created a lineup to match my old Zap2It one,
> logged out of Schedulesdirect,
> logged back in to make sure I had the username and password straight,
> logged out again,
> shutdown mythbackend with "#service mythbackend stop",
> ran mysqldump to backup the database,
> ran mythtv-setup per the instructions,
>     NOTE: This was a little confusing because I expected to see
> the Zap2It grabber still listed so I wasn't sure I was getting
> the right grabber until I checked the whole list.  Then when I
> tried to "Retrieve Lineups", I got no lineup data.  I had to get
> out of the Video Sources window and re-enter it before I saw a
> lineup name.  This was another point of confusion, so I went back
> to SchedulesDirect to see if I could match it up with a name of
> the lineup I just created, but I couldn't find a name for the
> lineup in the web page, so maybe that is my problem ;-(
> exited mythtv-setup completely,
>     NOTE 2: According to the directions in the HOWTO, paragraph
> 24.3 I was supposed to then run mythfilldatabase, which I did,
> but it wants to talk to the backend when it's done.  Maybe
> mythbackend should have been started before running
> mythfilldatabase?  In any case, it waited for 120 seconds before
> trying again, (I think I must have set that delay somewhere in
> the settings, myself) and I was able to open another terminal
> window and fire up mythbackend before mythfilldatabase squawked anymore.
> and ran mythfilldatabase.
>
> In the mythfilldatabase output, I got the following lines:
>
> <snip>
> 2007-08-31 13:27:58.435 Retrieving datadirect data.
> 2007-08-31 13:27:58.435 Grabbing data for Fri Aug 31 2007 offset 1
> 2007-08-31 13:27:58.435 From Sat Sep 1 05:00:00 2007 to Sun Sep 2
> 05:00:00 2007 (UTC)
> 2007-08-31 13:27:58.435 Grabbing listing data
> --13:27:58--
>http://datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com/tvlistings/xtvdService
>Resolving datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com... 206.18.98.160
>Connecting to datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com|206.18.98.160|:80...
connected.
>HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 401 Unauthorized
>Reusing existing connection to datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com:80.
>HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 401 Unauthorized
>Authorization failed.
><snip>

>I wasn't sure if I was just too fast for SchedulesDirect and they haven't
>activated my account yet, possibly still processing the PayPal
>payment or if I botched something because the URLs have ".zap2it.com" in
them?

>Can anyone shed some light on this?

I am not sure that you have selected the SchedulesDirect grabber. Which
"directions for mythtv-setup" did you follow, exactly? When I did my
upgrade, at first I changed to the SD grabber but didn't change my login
info from the DD values so I was also getting double 401 errors as opposed
to the expected 401 then 200. My SD grabber url is
webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com/blahblah as well.

Looks to me like you're still using Zap2it grabber.