[mythtv-users] Mythcommflag --video - trying to add seek to mythvideos

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Aug 31 20:49:51 UTC 2007

On 08/31/2007 03:53 PM, Mike LaPlante wrote:
> I'm attempting to make the switch to Mythvideo's internal player for
> viewing videos. But when I fast forward or rewind I get audio buffer
> overflow errors. After some archive searching I found a suggestion that
> said to run mythcommflag --video on video files so that a seek table
> could be inserted into the DB.
>
> However, I get this out put when I try it :
> ---------------------
> [mythtv at myth Shippuuden]$ mythcommflag --video
> 001-002_\[DB\]_Naruto_Shippuuden.avi
> 2007-08-31 14:41:15.685 Using runtime prefix = /usr
> 2007-08-31 14:41:15.702 New DB connection, total: 1
> 2007-08-31 14:41:15.716 mythcommflag version: 0.21.20070820-1 www.mythtv.org
> 2007-08-31 14:41:15.717 Enabled verbose msgs: important
>
> MythTV Commercial Flagger, started at Fri Aug 31 14:41:15 2007
> Building seek table for: 001-002_[DB]_Naruto_Shippuuden.avi
>  99%/14974fpsRebuilt
>
> Finished commercial break flagging at Fri Aug 31 14:41:21 2007
>
> Segmentation fault
> --------------------
> Seeking in this file after this proves to be no better than before. It
> looks to me like mythcommflag is getting 99% done and then seg
> faulting.

Looks to me like it's 100% done and the segfaulting.  I'll bet you're
running QT 3.3.8 (which has a known bug that causes MythTV applications
to segfault on shutdown).  In this case, the segfault is unimportant
because it's not affecting "further processing."

>   I tried it with "-v all" and got way too much info, happy to
> do another verbose and host it somewhere if someone thinks it will be
> helpful.
>
> I also tried on a few different file formats not just avi. They all seem
> to segfault.

In theory, the seektable should be mostly useful with MPEG-2 and not
really necessary with other formats.  I'd think there may be an audio
configuration issue or something.  Make sure you enable "Extra audio
buffering" in mythfrontend's General playback settings.

Mike