[mythtv-users] Mythtv 20.2 and Gentoo

Craig Partin cpartin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 21:46:12 UTC 2007

> I'm upgrading an old MythTV 18.1 box and having some issues finding the
> correct versions of sofware / kernel / drivers that play well together.
> Can anyone recommend versions of the following that work well together on
> Gentoo?
>
> Kernel
> xorg
> ivtv (if not in kernel)
> ivtv-fb
> ivtvdev (X Driver)
> lirc (Receive on PVR-350)
> lirc (Serial Blaster for Cable Box)
>
> I'm currently trying the following, but having trouble with ivtv and lirc.
> (I'm close on ivtvdev I think:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/users/36656 )
>
> Kernel 2.6.22
> xorg 7.2
> ivtv  in Kernel
> ivtv-fb 1.0.2
> ivtvdev CVS Head (with changes to compile - see link above)
> lirc 8.2-r1
>
> Thanks for your suggestions!
> Greg.

I don't know if this will be helpful or not, but I just wiped my drive
and went for 2007.0

It was by far the easiest install I have ever done.  I used all kernel
drivers for alsa, ivtv, DVB/hd3000.  I emerged mysql first since I
didn't want version 5  and I put all the myth 20.2 stuff in
/etc/package.mask and those were basically the only gotchas.  I can
also play some 720p content now where I could never before