[mythtv-users] MythTV and HD question

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Fri Aug 31 22:04:29 UTC 2007

I have been very happy with mythtv so far but have only been using it
for SD recordings.  From reading I feel I have enough horse power to
have an HD system but here is my question.

Is it really worth buying one of those cards capable of reading qam when
most of the cable channels hare scrambled anyway?

I know you can get a few over the air channels but is that really worth it?

Does anyone know of any cards that will take a cable card or satellite
card so I can get HD from the provider?

Please someone explain to me how I can get out of the SD TV watching and
into HD and still use my mythtv set up.  By the way I live in Dallas, TX
and have Time Warner cable.

Thanks

believed to be clean.