[mythtv-users] Slow MySQL query after delete

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Dec 1 04:56:41 UTC 2007

On 11/29/2007 10:39 PM, Michael Rice wrote:
> It's good to know that it is possible to delete without lock up... but
> whatever it
> takes isn't obvious to me.  I am using slow deletes and do not have my database
> on my recordings disks.  I have a newish Core 2 Duo backend and frontend.  I
> optimize my database in a cronjob regularly.  I read the list and try to
> follow the advise you and others give but I've always had this issue.
>
> Tonight I turned on "all" logging in the frontend and the backend is running
> "most" logging right now.  In the front end I deleted a show.. the UI came back
> immediately.  I then chose another show and selected "Delete".  The
> delete dialog came up then the frontend hung.  After some seconds
> it returned and I was able to delete the second show.  Below I've added log
> snippets...  Can you see the problem?  I am sure those of us that suffer from
> this would be forever in your debt if you could identify what the
> misconfiguration
> is.

> FE 2007-11-29 18:05:50.151 MSqlQuery: SELECT icon FROM channel WHERE chanid
>
> <frontend blocking>

Verify that your channel icons are actually where the DB says they are
and that they're readable by the user running the frontend.  Telling
Myth it can find them where they can't be found/read can "lock up" the
frontend for 5-30 seconds (i.e. I could see it being 5-10 in Watch
Recordings but 30 in the EPG).

Mike