[mythtv-users] Slow MySQL query after delete

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Sat Dec 1 20:52:41 UTC 2007

On Nov 30, 2007, at 9:17 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> How many times do I have to say, "His system takes the same amount of
> time for a scheduling run as my system and my system does /not/ lock
> up--or show /any/ delay at all--after a delete,"...

It will if you immediately try a second delete.  That will force a
second scheduler query, which will block because the first one still
has the tables locked.  Same if you go in Mythweb and try to edit two
schedules in quick succession.

I suspect a lot of people never see this issue because they let auto-
expire take care of most of their deletions, so they rarely actually
try to trigger two scheduler events close to each other.