[mythtv-users] Sirius on Mythtv Broken - Sipie

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 2 02:44:18 UTC 2007

Josh wrote:
> On Dec 1, 2007 8:56 PM, Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net
> <mailto:lifter89 at comcast.net>> wrote:
>
>     Josh wrote:
>     >
>     > On Nov 30, 2007 8:37 AM, David Stuller <dcstuller at hotmail.com
>     <mailto:dcstuller at hotmail.com>
>     > <mailto: dcstuller at hotmail.com <mailto:dcstuller at hotmail.com>>>
>     wrote:
>     >
>     >     I am using FC5.  I made the changes as a far commenting out the
>     >     two lines in the sipie file and removing the "playlist" option
>     >     in the sipie and config files, but now when I launch from
>     Myth or
>     >     use the gui (/usr/bin/sipie).  It won't stop playing.  The
>     >     myth scripts are supposed to kill the pid file in the /tmp
>     >     directory which it does do, but mplayer continues to play
>     the stream.
>     >       If I use the straight gui (/usr/bin/sipie), the "stop" and
>     >     "exit" buttons don't work.   So I thought I would start from
>     scratch
>     >      and try and reinstall it,  when I run the svn and use the
>     >     easy_install,  it installs about 4 files, but no file just
>     called
>     >     "sipie".
>     >      So I tried the /usr/bin/cliSipie file and it looks like it
>     might
>     >     work but mplayer defuncts.  I also tried /usr/bin/sipie.py
>     but it
>     >      does the same thing.  Any ideas??
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >     ---------------------------------
>     >
>     >         I haven't tried Scott's fix yet, but previously I was
>     able to
>     >     get sipie
>     >        to work fine, but whenever I started it up, I'd get that GUI
>     >     where I had
>     >        to pick the channel I wanted.  I could never get the
>     scripts to
>     >     work as
>     >        described in the Wiki.  So, I never had the Sirius menu
>     options
>     >     on the
>     >        frontend GUI.  I'm using FC6 via Mythdora 4.0.  What are you
>     >     using?  And
>     >        were the scripts on the Wiki OK or did they need some
>     tweaking?
>     >
>     >        Thanks,
>     >        Harry
>     >     mythtv-users mailing list
>     >     mythtv-users at mythtv.org <mailto:mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>     <mailto:mythtv-users at mythtv.org <mailto:mythtv-users at mythtv.org>>
>     >
>     >
>     > OK guys, as of this moment in time, Eli hasn't pushed my code
>     changes
> [...]
I nuked everything, and now I'm trying the SVN checkout again, but it's
not really doing anything.  It's just sort of "hanging" there after I
hit enter.  I tried pinging your private SVN, but that times out too.
Is your site down?  Just curious.  Also, you mentioned above about the
<defunct> for mplayer.  What does that tell me if I happen to get that?

Thanks,
Harry