[mythtv-users] DVB signal strength issues

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun Dec 2 18:03:38 UTC 2007

I'm trying to rebuild my tuners database. So I deleted all of the cards,
inputs, etc.

I dumped the database to verify it was all clean; no data in any of the
tables.

Now I'm trying to rebuild the database and I am running into a problem
with my pcHDTV3000 card. When I try to scan for channels, I get:

2007-12-02 09:56:11.597 DVBSignalMonitor(0)::constructor(-1,Warning, can
not measure Signal Strength): Chyba vstupu/výstupu na vzdáleném počítači
2007-12-02 09:56:11.664 DVBSignalMonitor(0)::constructor(-1,Warning, can
not measure S/N): Chyba vstupu/výstupu na vzdáleném počítači

That translates to 'Remote I/O error'. The signal strength shows as 0,
and no channels are detected. I have good signal strength as my TV picks
up the signal just fine.

Googling reveals a handful of queries about this, but no solution.

The modules are loaded and everything seems OK from dmesg - except that
I get these messages:

or51132: unknown status 0x00

Can anyone shed some light on this?

--Yan