[mythtv-users] lirc with iMon creates dual keypresses (Jouni)

Ole Wolf wolf-dated-1197836524.61cbfa at blazingangles.com
Sun Dec 2 20:22:55 UTC 2007

>I had similar issue with the TT-1500-T's remote. Do you have KDE or
>Gnome running with MythTV? After I switched KDE to Openbox, the double
>keypress issue disappeared. Don't know where the issue exactly was.
>
>For first aid, you could use 'bounce keys' -feature (available in KDE,
>also in Gnome i think). This filters out repeated keypresses, but slows
>the control a bit.

I'm running XUbuntu Gutsy (7.10).

I managed to find a way around the dual keypress issue, but it's a real hack.

In the lircd.conf file, there's a toggle_bit setting that seems to mark the
difference between a key press and a key release. If you 'and' the inverse of
this mask with the key scan codes, you won't be able to tell the difference
between a key press and a key release.

So, by setting the toggle_bit value to something outside of the key scan code
range, the key press and the key release scan codes become different.

--Ole