[mythtv-users] Questions about mythtv

Dean Harding dean.harding at dload.com.au
Mon Dec 3 00:35:59 UTC 2007

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> That leaves the issues on how to sort the TV channels... I'd like the
> channels to be displayed in a specific order. Unfortunately, the
> channels here has some weird numbers . Like channel 10 is number 1,
> while channel 7 is 70. I'd like 10 to show after 7 when using up and
> down.

For me, I just changed the channel numbers in MythWeb. I don't know if
that's the "correct" way to do it, but as long as you ensure all the
numbers are unique, it seems to be OK (as far as I can tell). So I've
set up my channels so that 7 is 7, 10 is 10, and then for the HD
channels, I just add 100 (so 107 for 7HD, etc).

Dean.