[mythtv-users] autoexpire deleting recording(s) directly after its creation

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Dec 3 00:54:18 UTC 2007

Seth Daniel wrote:
> Sometimes a sports event recording doesn't last longer
> than 15-20 minutes before being autoexpired.  :-)   I'd like to stop
> this from happening if possible.
>
> My autoexpire settings are:
>   Auto Expire Method: Weighted Time/Priorty Combo
>   Auto Expire watched programs before unwatched is selected
>   Auto Expire priority weight is 5
>   Auto Expire instead of delete recording is selected
>

> The priority I set for sports events is '0'.  Other recordings have
> priorities of 5 or greater.

You could try lowering the autoexpire priority weight, to make age a bit more
important, and priority a bit less important, in deciding what to autoexpire.
 You may have to tune it a bit to get the right trade-off between age and
priority.

--
Peter Schachte              Q: How many Microsoft programmers does it take
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        to change a light globe? A: None. They declare