[mythtv-users] Matrox G400 still used?

Ralph van Etten ralph at et10.org
Mon Dec 3 09:21:54 UTC 2007

Hi,

I build a mythtv box with some spare parts I have laying around. I have
a Matrox G400 and some early Hauppage WinTV card.

I got Matrox TV out working from X (using framebuffer) and playing DVDs
etc. works perfectly using mplayer with -vo mga or -vo xmga (it bypasses X)

However, when watching live tv it is too slow. I guess its because i'm
using the framebuffer for X and MythTV is drawing the video without
accelleration using X. (CPU is only at 50%)

So I was wondering if anybody is still using a G400 and could tell me if
it works better if I use the drivers from Matrox or the drivers from Xorg.
Or may I should by a more modern/better supported video card and a PVR-350?

Thanks,

Ralph.