[mythtv-users] What's the point of MythTV HD?

David Herman dherman516 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 11:52:20 UTC 2007

<snip>

> Dave, I'm considering  setting up for grabbing OTA HD with a hdhomerun...
> What is the hardware setup you use for your frontend that pushes HD content
> to your HDTV?
>
> </snip>

Josh --

My frontend/backend is on the same box,  a AMD 64 3800+ (1 Gig Ram); Nvidia
Geforce 6600 GT Video Card, 1.5 TB Diskspace (3 500 GB SATA Drives).  Ubuntu
Gutsy Gibbon.

I feed SPDIF from my Motherboard to my Receiver and send VGA to the LCD.

I have been running since April with only a  few hickups (tied to cooling
and SVN issues).

To be clear, I have had ZERO issues with the HD Homerun. The Silicon Dust
support team is top notch.

If you have QAM avaliable via your cable company, that is more robust than
OTA (at least for me, cuz, I am surrounded by all the local towers and can't
lock a signal for my life -- too much signal can be  bad thing)

Dave