[mythtv-users] Slow MySQL query after delete

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Dec 3 12:51:42 UTC 2007

On 12/03/2007 03:42 AM, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
> (Are the -entries- removed slowly?  Why are they delayed -at all-

They're deleted after the file is deleted.  Typically, a file is deleted
at a rate of 1GiB/2min 10sec or so, so...

>  if
> the point of slow deletes is to compensate for -filesystems- that are
> slow to delete big files?  And if they're simply -delayed- but then
> deleted all at once, how does -that- help?

Because it means fewer things are happening /at the same time/.  That is
the /only/ point I'm trying to make.  Do (enough) fewer things at the
same time and the computer doesn't tend to seem to lock up...

Mike