[mythtv-users] Remote does not work / Debian Linux...

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Mon Dec 3 20:51:47 UTC 2007

Hi...

I have a fresh install of Debian (was F8 but couldn't get past that SATA
problem they are having w/their latest kernel).  Lots of mythtv is
working - but I can not get the remote to work!

I am trying to use what, evidently, is the default setup for Debian.
That is, it looks like the ir_kbd_i2c module is being loaded to take
care of the IR remote control.

However, I haven't been able to get it working.  There are plenty of
lirc howtos everywhere. But I haven't been able to find a ir_kbd_i2c
howto.  At least not one that makes sense to me (I have found some
discussions that use both lirc and ir_kbd_i2c - but aren't these both
driver modules that do the same thing??).

I don't want to use the lirc module exclusively because I anticipate it
will not work for me.  I have both a Hauppauge PVR-150 and KWorld
ATSC-110 card in my mythtv system.  These both bring in drivers that try
and handle i2c events.  So, I anticipate, by using lirc, I will be
missing all or some of the remote's button presses.

...thanks