[mythtv-users] Slow MySQL query after delete

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Mon Dec 3 21:13:38 UTC 2007

    > Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 14:37:32 -0500 (EST)
    > From: mons37318 at mypacks.net

    > someone said (but i deleted the attribution - sorry)

That was me.

    > >A really quick suggestion would be to simply -not- delete anything for
    > >the next few hours or days until you have a stack of 3-5 things that
    > >you'd really like to delete.  Then try to delete them, one at a time,
    > >as fast as possible from the frontend UI and see if it ever seems to
    > >pause.  That test shouldn't take substantially longer than it would
    > >have taken you to do each delete singly; it just requires remembering
    > >what you meant to delete (and being able to navigate to each one fast
    > >enough to show up the problem; if it takes you 30 seconds of scrolling
    > >around in the listing to find each thing you want to delete,

    > if whatever version my might be using (wasn't quite able to follow
    > that) has Recording groups) put all of those show is one group, filter
    > to show just that group, and then delete. you'll be able to remember
    > them *and*  find, without scrolling around.

I thought of that, but the message was long enough as it was, and I
didn't want to confuse the situation.  After all, the test probably
isn't valid if the whole -group- gets deleted at once instead, and
while I knew Mike wouldn't do that instead, someone else might and
muddy the waters, and I didn't want to have to get into it.  (And I
have no idea---but I'd be surprised---if mere presence in the same
playback or record group would change the outcome, but I didn't want
to chance it.)