[mythtv-users] Encoder selection order

Ben Hardill b.hardill at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 21:32:50 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way to alter the order with which encoders
are chosen.

I have 3 dvb encoders, 2 on the master backend and 1 on a slave.

I added the encoders in the following order:

1 master
2 slave
3 master

Yet recording still seam to be scheduled on the 2 encoders on the master
first. I'm wanting to schedule on the master first then on the salve and
only use the second master encoder when the other 2 are in use.

There are 2 reasons for this:

1, It will use the disk in both machines more evenly
2, The live TV encoder is much more likely to be local to the front end
(which also runs on the master backend)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ben