[mythtv-users] New to HDTV; looking for advice

Jacob Steenhagen jacob at steenhagen.us
Tue Dec 4 21:29:30 UTC 2007

I ended up trying to do it with the Dell machine and the Intel onboard video
card. It works (though I still don't have an HD tuner card, so everything I
have is still SD. It works, but I think the video quality is quite lacking.
I think I'm gonna try the AMD64 3500+ and GeForce 6800GS.

One thing I noticed with the Intel card was that I could only specify
typical monitor resolutions (eg, 1024x768) in KDE. Is this a normal
restriction in KDE, or was it because the Intel video card didn't support
16:9 type resolutions? If it's the former, will the new Nvidia card work
better?

--
http://jacob.steenhagen.us