[mythtv-users] Slow menus...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Dec 5 16:55:51 UTC 2007

On 12/05/2007 09:40 AM, A JM wrote:
> Not quite that painful Mike... maybe a 5 second delay or so but
> definitely an issue.

The "up to 30 seconds" includes 5 seconds :)--depending on the speed of
your system, it can be even slower.  However, a 5-second transition
still sounds like broken OpenGL.

> Yes used it when compiling - (--enable-opengl-vsync)
>
> I'm running Ubuntu 7.10 using an NVidia 5200 and Restricted Drivers so
> shouldn't that be a non-issue?
>
> Is there a breakdown somewhere of what the ./configure options are for
> and how best used when compiling?

You can have it compiled in, but just try turning it off to see if
that's the issue.  In the frontend settings, there's a setting:

Paint Engine
This selects what Myth uses to draw.  If you have decent hardware,
select OpenGL. Changing this requires a restart.

Make sure you restart after disabling OpenGL painter.  If it seems fast
after that, then you just need to fix the install of your NVIDIA
drivers.  I've heard of many situations where they were improperly
installed--often when using a package manager to do the install.  Since
I know nothing of package management, I'll let someone else help you
with figuring out how to fix the install.

Mike