[mythtv-users] PCI WiFi Adapter recommendations needed

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 17:15:20 UTC 2007

I plan to build a second FE system based on MythDora 4 that I want
to put in a bedroom.  However, it is not practical to run 10Base-T
cable there, so I'm looking at putting a PCI WiFi adapter in the
system.

I have a D-Link 802.11g access point that has been working well
for accessing the network with my laptop (mostly for working from
the kitchen downstairs).

I see from the wiki that I should look for an atheros or prism54
chipset card, but I'm having trouble identifying ones with one of
those chipsets.  I also concluded that I ought to be shopping for
one that supports WPA2.

I had expected to find something decent on a site like NewEgg
for under $30, but I'm starting to think that might not pass muster.

Anyone care to recommend current products that I should consider?

Craig.