[mythtv-users] OT: Increasing Console Buffer Size in Fedora

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Dec 6 19:46:33 UTC 2007

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 10:59:15AM -0500, R. G. Newbury wrote:
>> Does anyone know how to increase the size of the console display buffer?
>
> Yes.
>
>> Is this an env variable?
>
> Not quite.

Heh! Jay, Thanksgiving was LAST week....so stop keeping this turkey in
suspense!

Seriously, I cannot find anything in the KDE menus to deal with this,
nor did anything pop out looking at stuff in etc...

> I tend to shove backend and other things whose logging I want to catch
> inside shellscripts that redirect it to logfiles, myself.

That's one route which I tend to forget when I'm dealing with this sort
of thing. I write all sorts of little scripts to control stuff but I
forget about redirects..

> But see: http://linuxgazette.net/143/anonymous.html
>
> And see also: http://tldp.org/HOWTO/BootPrompt-HOWTO-5.html
>
> If you meant "a scrollback buffer inside a terminal emulator like
> konsole", then it's usually in the menus.

Which menu?

Geoff