[mythtv-users] OT: Increasing Console Buffer Size in Fedora

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Dec 6 19:57:33 UTC 2007

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
>     > Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 10:59:15 -0500
>     > From: "R. G. Newbury" <newbury at mandamus.org>
>
>     > I want to increase the size of whatever it is that keeps console screen
>     > output so I can scroll back "further in time" in the output.
>
> Can't you just use "script", run whatever it is, type ^D, and then
> look at the resulting output file?  Or inside an Emacs shell buffer?
> Or is the problem that this is happening on boot and output is being
> written to the physical console but not put into dmesg or something?

Wow yet *another* way to skin this cat. I will have to play with
'script'..Never even heard of it before.

The problem is/was that mfdb sends voluminous output to stdout when it
cannot write to a temp file...So much so that the desired output is
pushed out of the buffer. This output does NOT show up in mfdb's logfile
(unless I used the wrong switches..that's possible and I will check.)

I have enough trouble with vi. I'm not going *near* Emacs!

Thanks

Geoff