[mythtv-users] Fedora 8 bug looking for help

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 04:11:09 UTC 2007

On Dec 6, 2007 9:44 PM, Christopher X. Candreva <chris at westnet.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Dec 2007, Mitch Gore wrote:
>
> > It has since been resolved but with the resolution I don't see how i can
> > install F8 on my machine that only has sata drives.  I currently have
> FC6
> > installed on my backend and wanted to upgrade to F8 as FC6 is EOL.
>
> Since you are doing an upgrade, you can upgrade via yum on the running
> system:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/YumUpgradeFaq
>
> I've done this a few times, including 7->8 but not specificly 6->8.
>
> This will upgrade directly to the current versions from updates so you can
> skip the buggy package.

Im just afraid that its going to cause problems then i am going to be stuck
rebuilding everything with F7 clean install.  If thats the case i would
rather just leave the server alone and wait for F9.  If i do F7 im going to
be in the same situation in 6 months.

Does Fedora ever update the ISO's for a version or do they just leave it
alone?  Seems kind of dumb that they would just leave it alone when some
people cant even install the OS if they moved from Windows.

Mitchell