[mythtv-users] help wanted-how to pop out a vide window when watching TV(let TV and another pop-out video run at the same time)

Dave Phillips family_of_phillips at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 7 20:22:31 UTC 2007

Hi Xi,
  Sorry I can't help you. As far as I know there is no such functionality in Myth.
  It sounds a little like the mythmusic change I saw them working on that allows music to play while you are doing something else.

  Has anyone heard of a plugin/method of leaving a PIP window going while browsing the menus etc?

Xi Jiarong <XiJiarong at sp.edu.sg> wrote:
    Thanks, but I mean how to let TV video and camera video work at the same time, and the pop-out camera video window is on the frontend, and user can also watch TV video.
Because, when I launch mythtv, and can watch the pop-out camera video when I am not watching TV but listen to music or read news from mythtv.
So, how to realize this?
Hope to get your further help.

Thanks in advance!
>I think what you are trying to do is get Picture in Picture working.
>As long as you can define your "special web camera" as an input in myth you should just be able to turn on PIP with that input.
>But maybe I have completely misunderstood what you are trying to do.
Jerry