[mythtv-users] MythTV Menus w/ VNC

Scott Drumm swdrumm at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 00:46:35 UTC 2007

This one's wierd.... I'm trying to access mythfrontend over a VNC connection
(my monitor went down).  I'm using TightVNC <http://www.tightvnc.com> on a
Gentoo AMD64 box.  Everything works fine EXCEPT I can't see the MythTV menus
on mythfrontend to select "Watch TV", "Media Library", etc., etc.  They're
their - I just can't see them; all I get is the background.  Interestingly,
when I hit "escape" the Yes / No menu does pop up.

I get the same behavior when I try mythbackend.  At first I thought it was
related to opengl, but I've recompiled mythtv w/o opengl support and I have
the same problem.

Anyone have any ideas?  My next step is to try another vnc server
implementation (I've already tried switching viewers to no avail).

Thanks!

--
Scott W. Drumm
swdrumm at gmail.com