[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu vs Mythdora for Hauppauge PVR350+150 system

Jacob Steenhagen jacob at steenhagen.us
Sat Dec 8 02:51:24 UTC 2007

On 12/6/07, Fred Firestine <ffluvssg1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> You're right, I am going to follow the recommendation on Jarod's HowTo
> page to try Mythdora (or the others). My concern is that if I happen
> to have a problem with Mythdora (as I did with my own FC6 install),
> then I am back to debugging mode. I wouldn't have installed Myth
> several times over if I wasn't up for the challenge, but maybe I am
> looking for a little less of a challenge this time.  :-)

If you're OK with trying things out again the manual way, you can try CentOS
5. It's basically a free version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (it's binary
compatible so any RPM repository that supports RHEL will support it [like
atrpms.net]). If you enable the testing repo in atrpms and forget about
freshrpms you can basically follow Jared's FC6 guide. But, unlike FC6, new
packages are still being made for it... and it'll be supported for security
fixes for years to come.

Not to throw more things on your plate :).

--
http://jacob.steenhagen.us