[mythtv-users] seagate giving refunds out

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Sat Dec 8 04:43:51 UTC 2007

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Dec 7, 2007, at 3:15 PM, David Brodbeck wrote:
>> It's like going past a sign in Canada that says 'SPEED LIMIT 100' at
>> 100 mph, then arguing you're not breaking the law because your
>> speedometer reads in miles per hour.
>
> That's why the speed limit signs ALWAYS accurately specify the unit of
> measurement. So should anything with an expected capacity.

The only place I've seen that is Germany, where the speed-limit signs include a
"km/h" notation to the right of the number (even if it's in type at most a
quarter as large as the numbers).  Everywhere else I've been (throughout the
United States and a fair chunk of western Europe), you get just a number and
the unit is assumed based on location (miles per hour in the US and UK,
kilometers per hour elsewhere).

  _/_
 / v \ Scott Alfter