[mythtv-users] Pinnacle Remote Kit MCE USB with ir Blaster

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Sat Dec 8 23:08:09 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Matt Emmott
Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2007 1:57 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Pinnacle Remote Kit MCE USB with ir Blaster

On Dec 4, 2007 12:18 PM, Fredrik Hallgarde <mythtv at tedde.nu> wrote:

Scott Pleavin skrev:

> Has anyone had success getting the Pinnacle MCE Remote with ir blaster
> to work with Mythtv?

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/PCTV+Tun
ers/PCTV+Vista+Companion/Pinnacle+Remote+Kit+for+Windows+Media+Center

> Scott

The remote looks very much like the MCE remote bundled with recent
Hauppauge cards (i.e. the MCE kits). If it is indeed the same it works
with the most recent lirc drivers (e.g. from cvs) .see
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MCE_Remote

Please update the wiki if you buy it...regardless of result.

Fredrik

I've never  seen a combined blaster / receiver. Do they work well? I guess
it sits in front of the cable box and feeds the PC via USB? I'm tempted to
pick up this kit as I need an IR blaster, but I'm nervous if nobody's used
it with Myth yet.

My happague pvr-500 came with a usb receiver which has 2 blaster ports on
it. Works great!!! Simple to setup in ubuntu 7.04
-Steve