[mythtv-users] Use shell script to load dvd?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 16:21:42 UTC 2007

I had an idea and wanted to run it buy you folks! My myth box doesn't
have a keyboard or mouse attached, just a remote, so changing settings
that require a typed input can be a real pain. I already started using a
config file for mplayer so I can make changes over SSH and not require a
reboot (since I haven't got my power button to work to restart
mythfrontend). So I created a script called xine-dvd.sh in the home
directory. I assume this will work for DVD playback since I'm calling
dvd:/ instead of passing a text string of the file name. If I want to
set this up for other playback options will the %s pass to the shell script?

Thanks,
Richard