[mythtv-users] firewire troubleshoot

fuzzie1300 fuzzie1300 at optonline.net
Mon Dec 10 23:40:38 UTC 2007

On Dec 6, 2007 6:06 PM, Khanh Tran <khanh at khanh.net> wrote:

> I have the SA4200HD.  Strangely enough, working in P2P mode, it fails
> until I reset the firewire bus then fix in BROADCAST mode, which
> actually wakes up the P2P mode:
>
> tv:/home/mythtv # firewire_tester -p -n 0
> Action: Test P2P connection 1 times, node 0, channel 0
> P2P: Testing...Failed
> tv:/home/mythtv # firewire_tester -b -n 0
> Action: Test broadcast 1 times, node 0, channel 63
> Broadcast: Testing...Failed
> tv:/home/mythtv # firewire_tester -R -n 0
> Action: Resetting the firewire bus
> Bus reset succeeded
> tv:/home/mythtv # firewire_tester -B -n 0
> Action: Attempt to fix broadcast connection 1 times, node 0
> Broadcast: Testing...Failed
> P2P: Testing...Success, 172 packets received
> Broadcast: Testing...Failed
> P2P: Testing...Success, 47 packets received
> Broadcast: Testing...Failed
> P2P: Testing...Success, 102 packets received
> Broadcast: Testing...Failed
> P2P: Testing...Success, 85 packets received
> Broadcast: Testing...Failed
> P2P: Testing...Success, 89 packets received
> Broadcast: Testing...Failed
> P2P: Testing...Success, 133 packets received
> Broadcast: Testing...Failed
> P2P: Testing...Success, 168 packets received
> Broadcast: Testing...Failed
> P2P: Testing...Success, 141 packets received
> Broadcast: Testing...Failed
> P2P: Testing...Success, 103 packets received
> Broadcast: Testing...Failed
> P2P: Testing...Success, 110 packets received
> Broadcast: Testing...Failed
> Broadcast Fix: Failed
>
> Unfortunately, that makes fixes take a long time since broadcast
> failes, but p2p works.  I don't know why it's happening this way, but
> it is.

This actually worked on my SA4250, though there was about 2" column of black
on left side and no sound.  The image was shifted to right.  I was using my
PVR-350 for output and a Sony 42" rear projection SDTV.

I found somewhere that if you press and the info button, the mail light will
start to flash it will eventually display all the settings for the box.  My
"1394" shows "unavailable.  There's two connections and yet only one 1394
screen.