[mythtv-users] SATA data cable security?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 01:11:17 UTC 2007

On Dec 10, 2007 6:35 PM, Joe Menola <menola at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Monday 10 December 2007 6:29:51 pm Craig Huff wrote:
> > What recommendations does the list have for fixing this?

<snip>

>  If the connection is that loose the cable is defective. I'd replace it.
> Holding it securely and applying a dab of hot glue should also work.
> Replacing the cable has the best odds of fixing.

Just call me sheepish.  After fiddling with a couple of data cables to no
avail, discovered that the molex power plug from the power supply
and/or the molex power socket from the SATA power adapter cable
doesn't have a good grip and came unplugged.  Kinda hard to work
without power. ;-)

Since there isn't another spare connector, I redressed the cable to
minimize the risk.  I may thread a twist-tie around the coupled
connectors between the wires to strap it together, too.

There's always something...

Thanks!

Craig.