[mythtv-users] compile from source?

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Tue Dec 11 01:32:40 UTC 2007

> I spent a good part of the day trying to figure out how to compile
> mythtv from source..My question is there a guide for 64 bit? It seems
> all the how too guide's are different than what i need...
>
> Fedora 8

* Install a pre-packaged version
* Make a note of all the dependancies it pulled in and install the -devel
version of those
* Remove packaged MythTV
* cd mythtv
* ./configure
* check what options that you want are not enabled by default
* ./configure <my options....>
* make
* if no errors then -> make install
* cd ../mythplugins
* repeat from ./configure step above
* cd ../myththemes
* repeat from ./configure step above
* done

Not that difficult, and if you are going to track SVN head for example
then install ccache and do a make distclean before each configure stage
and ccache will supply all the stuff that *didn't* change when you do the
make..

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks