[mythtv-users] LIRC Randomly Doesn't Work (Weird Solution)

Scott list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc
Tue Dec 11 13:28:16 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 02:54 -0600, Douglas Wagner wrote:

> Is it possible that an infra red signal is getting "trapped" and
> bouncing around?  (Yea, ok, i'm grasping at straws here).  Why would
> darkness not reset it (but it does stop it) but bright light took care
> of the issue?
>

> Is there a more permanent solution anyone can think of besides having
> a flashlight sitting by the TV all the time?

Do you have a florescent or plasma tv in the same room? One of those
new-ish CFL bulbs that save energy? Does your laptop have an IR port?

I've found all of these things will affect IR performance. The
light-in-the-eye is pretty much over-riding whatever other interference
the IR eye is picking up.

The other solution is to build a tent around the IR eye. Of course, if
you do this you need some other way to route the IR signal.

--
Scott <list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc>