[mythtv-users] Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 13:56:40 UTC 2007

On Dec 10, 2007 10:33 PM, raphy <rpooser at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 5, 2007 3:40 PM, Patrick Doyle <wpdster at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Did anybody (else) notice the Woot branded version of this device on
> > Woot a few days ago?
>
> I'm trying to go down this route right now. If you look around on the
> net you'll find a few people here and there who have it working. A few
> have it working with mythtv. I have ATSC TV working and can view dvb
> with sound in mplayer using "mplayer dvb://"
> I can tune channels using azap and scanned using scan from dvb-utils.
> DVB in kaffiene doesn't work. In mythtv I can't add any channels. It
> refuses to parse my channels.conf file. Basically that's where I'm
> stuck.
I'm in much the same place -- I got as far as scanning for channels in
my area (25 miles west of Boston, MA) to create a channels.conf file,
being able to use mplayer to look at each of them, and finding that
channel 2, PBS, is the only one that I can receive reliably with the
omni antenna that came with the stick sitting on the couch next to me.
 (Yes, I was doing this while watching live TV on the regular set :-))
 I have high hopes of spending some more time on this effort later
this week.

For those who follow after and dig this email up out of an archive
someplace (gossamer threads is a great place for finding stuff like
this), I've been following the instructions given at
http://mcentral.de/wiki/index.php/Em2880 on MythBuntu running on a
woefully underpowered very old laptop.

--wpd