[mythtv-users] Disk Access

Stephen Robertson stephengrobertson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 17:37:16 UTC 2007

I hope you will excuse what is hopefully a very simple question.  I've
noticed an issue with my myth system(1 diskless frontend and 1 backend) if I
am recording two dvb programs and watching one already recorded program.
Mostly everything is fine however skipping/fast forwarding/rewinding is
incredibly slow though it usually does resolve itself without falling
over..  Backend CPU and memory usage does not seem to show anything untoward
and to be honest I'm not sure how to sensibly measure any disk access
parameters.  The disk for the recordings is used solely for storing
recordings and is XFS.

Am I asking too much of the disk or is it worth me trying to investigate the
cause.

Thanks

Stephen.