[mythtv-users] experience with ASUS M2NPV-VM component video?

Taco Mel taco_mel at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 02:07:37 UTC 2007

I have this board and tried both component and DVI
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/285271)

I am currently using DVI and have been for quite a
while. The problem with the component is that the TV
encoder supports only a small number of modes which
you cannot change.  In my case, my TV uses a refresh
rate of 59.94 Hz and the card can only do 60 Hz.  The
picture looks awesome but any kind of horizontal line
has so much flicker that it gives the viewer a
headache.  I would love to get this 1080i output, but
am stuck with 1280x720 DVI because, while the picture
is inferior, the interface is usable.