[mythtv-users] pcHDTV 5500 NTSC problems

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Wed Dec 12 06:07:59 UTC 2007

Hi all -

I have two pcHDTV 5500 tuner cards in my Myth box.  Recently, every
recording I make with the ANALOG tuners has a lot of audio distortion on
playback; both video and audio (pretty much in sync) are speeded up -
1.5-2x normal speed, making the recordings pretty much unwatchable.
Recordings made on the DVB (QAM) side are fine.  It's doing this with both
cards, and, of course, it happens with either liveTV or pre-recorded
shows.   There's nothing in the logs that's giving me a clue.  Since it's
happening with both cards, I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware problem.
Anyone else seen this before, and have a fix?  It's bloody annoying!

Thanks
Bob