[mythtv-users] How to let other application still can run when live TV program is in the frontend?

Xi Jiarong XiJiarong at sp.edu.sg
Wed Dec 12 06:38:39 UTC 2007

thanks, I can run mplayer to get right camera video if I am not watching TV
from mythtfrontend after running "mythfrontend".
Are there any other way we can use to get this camera video simultaneously
when I am watching tv.  Now, I can run mplayer to get camera video via:
mplayer http://192.168.0.2/img/video.asf -fs, or:  kstart -desk -activate 3
mplayer http://192.168.0.2/img/video.asf -fs.

Help wanted!!!!!

thanks in advance!

>>Strange, your sound system is not being initialized properly even though
>>you are using dmix so you should be able to play more than one sound at
>>a time on a non-multi-channeled card. Does mplayer work if you are not
>>running mythfrontend?

>>Charles

 Best Rgds,

 Jerry