[mythtv-users] segfaults at the end of mythfilldatabase

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 17:15:18 UTC 2007

On Dec 12, 2007 9:37 AM, Ma Begaj <derliebegott at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/12/12, Dan Wilga <mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu>:
> > At 6:53 PM -0500 12/11/07, Tom Dexter wrote:
> > >  > Or do not change anything and ignore the error if you are lazy :). The
> > >  > segfault at the end does not negatively affect mythfilldatabase.
> > >Yea, that's what I'll probably end up doing.
> >
> > Just keep this in mind if you start having problems with mythcommflag
> > segfaulting. I was, and as a result nothing was being flagged.
>
> Well, I see mythcommflag segfaulting message in syslog, but everything
> is being flagged.
>
> M.

I'm actually not using commercial flagging at all.  All my recordings
are HD and the time/CPU needed just isn't worth it for me.  I've
gotten really good at skipping forward manually :D.

If the symptom is in fact that it segfaults upon quitting, I'd be
pretty surprised to see it cause a problem with a process like that.
I have to think the flagging is updating the database as it goes.  I'm
sure nothing in there is coded to do database rollbacks or anything,
and MyISAM tables don't support them anyway.

Tom