[mythtv-users] SageTV HD Extender STX-HD100

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 17:54:23 UTC 2007

On Dec 12, 2007 7:30 AM, Andrew Gallatin <gallatin at cs.duke.edu> wrote:
> Mitch Gore [mitchell.gore at gmail.com] wrote:
> > Just an update.  I emailed SageTV support asking for the source code for the
> > box.  They have forwarded the email to a couple differant  employees and I
> > am eagerly awaiting a response so i can post this on a Wiki Page.
> >

> I thought that you had to have received the binary software
> distribution in order to be legally entiltled to get the source under
> the GPL.  Eg, I don't think they are required to give you the source
> unless you've purchesed the extender itself..

If they send the source with the unit, then yes, they don't have to
make the source available in other forms. If they don't send the
source with the binary but make it available for download or for order
on CD or in some other way, then they have to give the source to
anyone.

Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
http://www.pikus.net
http://wild-light.com