[mythtv-users] MythVideo: file name sorting oddity

Brion Swanson brions at usalug.net
Thu Dec 13 18:20:51 UTC 2007

So am I basically hearing that the sorting is not wrong.  In the en_US
locale "X", "X 2", and "X 3" are correctly sorted as "X 3", "X 2", "X", and
this is not possible to change (easily or correctly)?

I just want to know if it's worth my time to investigate the source of
MythVideo's use of locale collation and such to try and create some sort of
additional plugin or option patch that would sort differently even in the
current locale?

I'm sure there's a way for me to sort differently (say by file name) and
then rename all my files or just live with it if this is simply not
something that is changable or desired by anyone but me.

Thanks,
Brion