[mythtv-users] Centos 5, Firewire Capture Success?

Jeff Coffler jeff-list-mythusers at taltos.com
Fri Dec 14 00:15:30 UTC 2007

On Dec 13, 2007, at 12:46 PM, Jacob Steenhagen wrote:

> I currently run CentOS 5.1 with the stock kernel. Would the KMDL at http://atrpms.net/dist/el5/ieee1394/
>  provide the same functionality as the plus kernel? I'm mostly
> asking for future knowledge. Right now I don't have any need to have
> Firewire, but you never know about the future :).

No idea (I've not tried this).  I build 20.2 myself from source - that
way, I can rebuild at any time from the latest/greatest 20.2 SVN
sources.  I didn't need any additional packages (from outside the
CentOS distribution) except for the plus kernel.  Adding the plus
kernel gave me what I wanted, and avoided adding some other repo.  So,
the plus kernel (for me) was less work (fewer changes to yum config),
and gave me what I wanted.

Seemed like a no-brainer to me ...

	-- Jeff