[mythtv-users] Trouble getting channel icons.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Dec 14 07:58:56 UTC 2007

On 12/14/2007 02:43 AM, Marc Chamberlin wrote:
> I am trying to set up mythTV for the first time, and got to the point of
> trying to install the icons for the various TV stations...

> So I gave up and decided to try the second suggestion - to use the
> generic master_iconmap.xml file that came in the contrib directory.

Better approach, anyway.

> Copied it to my mythTV home directory, renamed it to iconmap.xml and ran -
>
> mythfilldatabase --import-icon-map iconmap.xml --update-icon-map
>
> That didn't work either, and as near as I can tell from the output there
> were a LOT of failures surrounding a URL for http://images.zap2it.com
> mostly 404 Not Found errors which I suspect means this URL is no longer
> viable.
>
> In my wanderings around the internet and on the mythtv web site I read
> something about zap2it no longer supporting TV listings??? So are these
> scripts/XML files outdated?

Yep.

>  Where do I go from here, as I said in the
> beginning I am lost!

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3908

The resync was supposed to have been done for 0.20-fixes (as trunk users
don't need a master_iconmap.xml), but it seems Chris didn't realize that
or felt it didn't qualify as a fix.  However, you can simply download
the master_iconmap.xml from trunk and use it:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/export/15162/trunk/mythtv/contrib/icons/master_iconmap/master_iconmap.xml

Make sure you reset your channel icons (as in the command line in the
ticket description) to clean out any garbage that got in from your
previous attempts at importing icons.

Mike