[mythtv-users] Adjusting network timeout parameter?

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Fri Dec 14 19:51:06 UTC 2007

 	Hey all.  I finally got a second frontend on my myth system a
couple of months ago, but due to logistics in the house, I had to go
wireless.  I'm using an 802.11G network (and it's a SD ivtv capture), so
the bandwidth is enough in general.  Occasionally, I get a weak signal for
a few seconds, and the playback will pause.  If it pauses for more than
about 5 seconds, the frontend will abort, go back to the "Watch
Recording" page, and not update the database with where it left off.  Very
irritating.... especially considering if I immediately hit "Play" again,
it starts going (and I get to fast-forward to wherever I was).

 	So, where would be the place to adjust this timeout value?  I'd
like to make it longer, since it would appear that these momentary lapses
in signal last more than 5, but less than say, 10 seconds.

Thoughts?

-Cory