[mythtv-users] MythWeb lost all of my preview icons for old recorded programs

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Dec 15 08:59:38 UTC 2007

On 12/14/2007 07:33 PM, Joe Ripley wrote:
> On Dec 14, 2007 5:05 PM, Nathan A. Smith <nasa01 at comcast.net> wrote:
>> I was having the exact same problem....  It appeared after updating my
>> svn install.  I followed your suggestions above with no avail.  New png
>> files are created in the cache folder -- but all have size of 0.  PNG
>> files in the recording directory are not all recreated.  Any ideas why?
> This likely due to a UPnP problem. I had a similar problem, and
> managed to fix it by patching my Myth sources.  More info on trac:
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3217
>
> In my situation, I have a single combined frontend/backend.  As such,
> the IP address for my mythbackend server is set at 127.0.0.1.  The
> current SVN release of Myth disables UPnP when your backend IP is set
> to 127.0.0.1.  To fix it, I had to comment out the relevant lines of
> code in mediaserver.cpp.
>
> MythWeb uses UPnP to generate its preview pixmaps... so you need to
> make sure that mythbackend has UPnP enabled.

Only SVN trunk's version of MythWeb uses UPnP.  Also, the trunk version
does /not/ use the thumbnails created by the backend, and, therefore,
does not re-create the backend (recordings directory) thumbnails when
you go the the Recorded Programs page in MythWeb.

Based on your description, it sounds like you are using SVN trunk.  But,
remember that 0.20-fixes is also SVN, so just saying, "svn version"
means very little.  And, what I said in my other post was specifically
tailored to 0.20-fixes MythWeb, and Joe's suggestion--that your UPnP is
broken (bad router, bad firewall, or just the fact that Nigel is still
working on the UPnP/autodiscovery issues and may not be done with the
setup for machines using 127.0.0.1--it is, after, the unstable
development version) is far more likely to be the case on a trunk MythWeb.

Mike