[mythtv-users] Re LIRC causing lag within all applications

Sebastian Buks sebastianbuks at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 13:20:08 UTC 2007

On Dec 17, 2007, at 02:53, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:

> Message: 6
> Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 10:21:53 -0800
> From: Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] LIRC causing lag in MythTV
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> On Dec 16, 2007, at 9:15 AM, Sebastian Buks wrote:
>
>> I have a small issue with lirc causing lag within mythtv. Maybe this
>> is a pure lirc issue and I'm a bit off-topic but chances are somebody
>> here experienced the same thing.
>>
>> The machine wich runs Mythbuntu 7.10 with 2.6.22-14-generic #1 SMP
>> kernel. And all is fine. But whenever I press a key on any remote
>> (tried both MCE and iMON remote) it causes MythTV to lag. Its is very
>> notacible when viewing TV or listening to any audio as it will make
>> the audio to hop.
>>
>> Any clues on how to fix this pretty disturbing issue?
>>
>> Regards Sebastian
>

> You're have a problem with your ir receiver and capture card, but you
> haven't told us which ir receiver or capture card you have, so it's
> kind of hard to give advice. However, I've heard of this happening
> when the capture card and ir receiver are sharing the same IRQ. Check
> that out and try putting the capture card in another slot on the
> motherboard to see if it helps.
>
> -Brad

Capture card sits in backend and I have separate backend/frontend so
that could not be it. Maybe I was not clear enough, sorry. I have both
an iMON PAD (soundgraph) and the MCEUSB2-remote. Both sort of works
but gives this lag in mythtv. I really dont know what else to say. I
hope someone can help me on this. How can I check if the USB is
sharing the same IRQ as something else anyway?

Regards Sebastian