[mythtv-users] WOL Slave Backend only when needed

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 03:36:59 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have configured a slave backend that I use as a frontend & SD tuner and to
run commercial flagging.  In order to save power I am trying to configure
wol.  I have got the wol part working.  I can type wol *MAC* and it boot the
computer.

My goal is to have some intelligence on when the slave should be on.

I want the backend to power on the slave when:
1.  when there are commercial flagging jobs.  I want the slave to do all
flagging.  When my combined FE/BE is flagging i get pre-buffers when
watching HD so i would prefer it not to ever do it.
2.  If there is a schedule conflict that can be resolved with the SD tuner
power on the slave.
3.  *optional *I want to watch a recording that is stored on the slave.  ( i
can work around this by storing on a NFS on the backend)

Then when it does done power off.

Is this possible?  How would i got about configuring this in myth?

running latest SVN.

Thanks,
mitchell