[mythtv-users] Myth SVN

Greg greg12866 at nycap.rr.com
Wed Dec 19 16:55:47 UTC 2007

Justin The Cynical wrote:
> Greg wrote:
>
>> I have been following this guide:
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythTV_SVN_on_Fedora_Core
>>   It along with help from a few people here on the list i was able to
>> get my test system going...There are just two thing that has given me a
>> problem...
>>   I have an Air2pc Dvb card and it don't work after compile.. I used
>> these command line options:
>>
> *snip*
>
> Your card uses the b2c2_flexcop module, correct?
>
> If so, I have the same kind of card.  I've noticed that after a reboot,
> for some strange reason, the card will simply not work for a minute or
> so after the firmware is loaded.  If I keep trying to make use of it
> during this time lag, it starts working and will stay that way.
>
> It's verrry strange.  I think it has to do with the cheapo SiS chipset
> the board uses.
>
> For what it's worth, the system is running a vanilla 2.6.16.32 kernel on
> a P4.  GCC version 3.4.3.  The config options for myth are:
>
> cat COMPILE
> ./configure \
> --enable-proc-opt \
> --with-bindings=perl \
> --enable-dvb \
> --enable-xvmc \
> --enable-opengl-vsync

Thanks for the input..  I did manage to get it to work...For what ever
reason it wouldn't show up..I recompiled and it worked and has continued
to work...
  One thing that still baffles me is Lame. When i went to compile, it
said lame wasn't installed,but it was..I had to uninstall it. Then
compile and install, to make it work...I am sure it's a path problem,but
i am just learning Linux and don't know how to resolve some of these
problems..
Greg